New Fuse 8 n’ Kate Episode: Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister
We recorded this week’s podcast during Shark Week. What better way to celebrate than to read the shiniest fishy in the sea. This week we experimented with putting me in the left ear and Kate in the right. Is this a good way of handling the problem of our similar voices or deeply annoying to listen to? I’m going to need some feedback on this one. Before that, however, enjoy our capering as I go off on my desperate need for a hologram book, massive fish shunning, and my inability to fight Kate effectively on this one. As ever, if you have feedback on this episode just drop us a note at FuseKate8@gmail.com.
Here are some things mentioned in the podcast:
- The original book jacket:
- Swimmy by Leo Lionni:
- Big Red Lollipop by Rukhsana Khan, ill. Sophie Blackall
- Ayn Rand’s Rainbow Fish by Mallory Ortberg at The Toast.
- Cirque du Soleil’s Luzia show has a trailer here:
- A great little recap of GLOW can be found on Pop Culture Happy Hour here.
- And finally, the movie The Warriors, which you really should all go and sea because it’s awesome.
And last but not least, listen to our latest episode here.
Filed under: Fuse 8 n' Kate
About Betsy Bird
Betsy Bird is currently the Collection Development Manager of the Evanston Public Library system and a former Materials Specialist for New York Public Library. She has served on Newbery, written for Horn Book, and has done other lovely little things that she'd love to tell you about but that she's sure you'd find more interesting to hear of in person. Her opinions are her own and do not reflect those of EPL, SLJ, or any of the other acronyms you might be able to name. Follow her on Twitter: @fuseeight.
SLJ Blog Network