Today is Roald Dahl Day
Would I lie to you? It even has its own website. The good little pookies amongst you who have to work in the library on a Saturday may have prepared for this ahead of time. If you haven’t, here are some last minute suggestions on how to properly celebrate the day.
1. Gain inspiration from this picture collection of people celebrating the day back in 2007.
2. Download the book quiz, games, recipes, word searches, and other free sheets o’ information here.
3. Hand out peaches (um… September peaches, I guess).
4. Create your own marvelous medicine.
5. Systematically find spiders and set them free.
6. Eat the largest chocolate cake you can find.
7. Lick your wallpaper.
I was going to write more, but they seem to all involve eating or licking in some manner. At any rate, have a great RDD!
Filed under: Uncategorized
About Betsy Bird
Betsy Bird is currently the Collection Development Manager of the Evanston Public Library system and a former Materials Specialist for New York Public Library. She has served on Newbery, written for Horn Book, and has done other lovely little things that she'd love to tell you about but that she's sure you'd find more interesting to hear of in person. Her opinions are her own and do not reflect those of EPL, SLJ, or any of the other acronyms you might be able to name. Follow her on Twitter: @fuseeight.
SLJ Blog Network
Keeping an Eye On . . . the PEN America Book Ban Lawsuit
Ellen Myrick Publisher Preview: Fall 2023/Winter 2024 (Part Four – TOON Books, Albatros, Arctis, and Barefoot Books)
Spider-Man Fake Red | Review
Not the Mermaid or Monster You Knew, a guest post by author Robin Alvarez
The Classroom Bookshelf is Moving
A Conversation with Laurel Snyder