The Podcast/Book Hybrid: Diving Into the Story Seeds Imagination Lab Activity Book
“The Story Seeds Podcast is … making a book! It’s full of prompts and projects inspired by the show-a great thing for young writers.” – Travis Jonker, elementary school librarian and creator of 100 Scope Notes, a kidlit blog hosted by School Library Journal
When I was asked to help be a part of the Story Seeds Podcast, I little expected its team to be as creative, on top of things, and downright educational (oh yeah, I said it) as they were. Not only did they manage to get a wide array of top notch authors to pair with kids and write stories together, but now there’s this accompanying Story Seeds Imagination Lab activity book to boot!
What is it? Well, clocking in at over 80 pages, this interactive activity book has:
- QR codes for easy access to each episode of the podcast and bonus content
- Graphic organizers & writing prompts
- Flash fiction, poetry, and non-fiction
- Makerspace projects & DIY STEM experiments
- Exclusive writing tips from the 10 best-selling authors featured on Season One, including Chris Grabenstein, Veera Hiranandani, Tracey Baptiste, Carlos Hernandez, Aram Kim, and Jason Reynolds
- PLUS! Curriculum connections and learning standards!
And with summer reading coming up this makes for a rather lovely giveaway prize, or even something you can have on hand for your summer programming. Teachers and librarians can use the code code SPROUT for 30% off. It’s also available on the IngramSpark catalogue (ISBN 9780578847306).
Pre-COVID I actually would run summer writing workshops for kids at my library and let me tell you how nice it would have been to have some kind of a guide to aid in all of that. But heck. One particular guy says it better than me.
Filed under: Press Release Fun
About Betsy Bird
SLJ Blog Network