Press Release Fun: Enter the Indie Excellence Book Award
SUBMISSIONS OPEN FOR 6th ANNUAL NATIONAL INDIE EXCELLENCE BOOK AWARDS
Deadline to enter is April 15, 2012; Winners & finalists receive national media and industry exposure
LOS ANGELES, CA – NOVEMBER 2011 – In its sixth year, the National Indie Excellence Book Awards has recognized some of the best literature in the new millennium published by small and independent presses and self published books. It has also catapulted independent and small publishers’ books into the national spotlight, allowing more readers to become aware of the exceptional work being published today without big marketing budgets. The awards honor the best books in over 100 categories. The National Indie Excellence Book Awards (indieexcellence.com) is now accepting submissions for 2012. Entries must be postmarked by April 15th and the winners and finalists – who receive national media and industry exposure – will be announced May 15.
Since the inauguration of the Awards in 2007, the Indie publishing industry has blossomed and redefined the entire publishing business. Indie books are now standing next to those produced by the biggest New York publishers.
More than 800,000 books are published every year in the US. The National Indie Excellence Awards is recognized as one of the best indicators of the cream of the crop in publishing. Each year the submissions are increasingly better. The Sponsor’s Choice Awards are selected to help authors with new ways to support their books. With expanded categories and prizes that can be used to enhance sales, NIEA is making it possible for more Indie authors and publishers to gain valuable publicity and recognition for their books.
ENTERING AND ELIGIBILITY: Please send one copy of your book per category entered. Books with publication dates of 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 are eligible. Books published anywhere in the world may be submitted, as long as they are in English and can be purchased on and offline in the United States. For more information, category listings and entry forms please visit www.IndieExcellence.com.
THE JUDGES: independent experts from all aspects of the Indie book industry, including publishers, writers, editors, and book covers designers and professional copywriters, judge the competition. They select award winners and finalists based on overall excellence.
PRIZES: The Indie Excellence Sponsor’s Choice Prizes are selected from the winners and finalists in all contest categories. Prizes include:
- Planned Television Arts (www.plannedtvarts.com) customized media campaign valued at $4,200
- Event Management Services (www.emsincorporated.com) print publicity campaign valued at $3,695
- Radio TV Interview Report (http://www.rtir.com/index.html) 3 free half-page ads valued at $1,791
- JKSCommunications (www.jkscommunications.com) electronic press kit development and 7-stop Virtual Book Tour valued at $2,500
- Star Power Publicity System, choice of a 1-day live course or Webinar, two 15-minute Fast Start Group Consulting sessions, and the Jill Lublin Home Study System, all valued at $2,444
- Alex Carroll (www.radiopublicity.com) copy of the deluxe Radio Publicity Millionaire Program valued at $1,318
- Brilliant Mobile (http://brilliantmobile.com) a Mobile Website and a QR2MOBI Code to promote your platform and more valued at $5,000
- Dan Poynter’s Para Promotion Campaign (http://www.parapromotion.com) book promotion package $497
“We look forward to your submissions and discovering how you will surprise and impress us this year,” said NIEA sponsor and CEO Ellen Reid.
Filed under: Press Release Fun
About Betsy Bird
Betsy Bird is currently the Collection Development Manager of the Evanston Public Library system and a former Materials Specialist for New York Public Library. She has served on Newbery, written for Horn Book, and has done other lovely little things that she'd love to tell you about but that she's sure you'd find more interesting to hear of in person. Her opinions are her own and do not reflect those of EPL, SLJ, or any of the other acronyms you might be able to name. Follow her on Twitter: @fuseeight.
SLJ Blog Network