Press Release Fun: Have Yourself Some Tasty Bacon
Last week I posted a link to the t-shirt shown the right here. Several of my readers expressed an interest in it, but there was a catch on the site. No women’s sizes! Nope. Only men. Emily Mitchell at Charlesbridge contacted the seller, and he said he might make some women’s sizes if there was any interest. So! Without further ado, if you are interested, you may take note of the following from Ryan at Etsy:
Thanks to a humorous Slate.com article by Dan McCoy and the response article from the celebrated and prolific Betsy Bird, my Etsy shirt "Tasty Bacon" has been receiving quite a bit of attention over the past week or so. Currently, I only have Men’s Medium, Large, and X-Large shirts available in my Etsy store (absinthetic.etsy.com), but I have been getting many inquiries as to when Women’s sizes will be available.
I am, therefore, holding a 2-week pre-sale before I place a new order with my screenprinter (Mammoth Printshop of Auburn, Alabama). Here’s how the pre-sale works:
– Between Monday, March 22nd and Monday, April 5th, I will be accepting orders from you, the ever-so-stylish fans of "Charlotte’s Web" and/or bacon.
– Since the pre-sale will be directly through PayPal and not my Etsy store, I will not have to pay the 3.5% per-item sales fee (in this case, about $1) that Etsy charges, which means I will be discounting the shirts accordingly.
– Using PayPal, send $22 ($17 for the shirt, $5 for domestic shipping) to email@example.com. If you are ordering more than one shirt, the shipping cost is only $1 for each additional shirt.
1 shirt- $22 total
2 shirts- $40 total
3 shirts- $58 total
4 shirts- $76 total
International shipping (outside the United States) is $7, and $1 for each additional shirt.
1 shirt- $24 total
2 shirts- $42 total
3 shirts- $60 total
4 shirts- $78 total
If you are ordering multiple shirts and are having them shipped to multiple addresses, please contact me before placing your order so we can discuss the details.
Be sure to include your shipping address if it differs from your PayPal billing address. If there is no attached note with the PayPal order, I will ship to whatever address PayPal has for you. I also need to know what size shirt you require. Available sizes: Women’s S-XXL, Men’s S-XXXL. If you need a Men’s Medium, Large, or X-Large, you can order through my Etsy store, since they are already in stock.
– On April 6th, I will place the order with Mammoth Printshop. I cannot accept any orders placed after Monday, April 5th. It takes them about 2 weeks to print and ship the shirts to me, and I will send them out as soon as I receive them. Therefore, the shirts should be arriving on your doorstep around April 22nd. This is not a guaranteed delivery date, only an estimate of when to expect your shirt(s). It may be a few days earlier, it may be a few days later.
– All shirts are pre-shrunk, 5.0oz, 100% certified organic cotton Anvil brand t-shirts (Navy color).
So, to sum up for the tl;dr crowd:
1. If you want a Tasty Bacon shirt, log in to PayPal and send $22 to firstname.lastname@example.org (see above for shipping/cost details).
2. In the PayPal payment, be sure to include your shipping address (if it differs from what PayPal has on record), your shirt size (Women’s S-XXL or Men’s S-XXXL), and the best email address to contact you (if it differs from PayPal).
3. Shirts will be mailed out around April 19th, which means they should get to you around April 22nd. I will email you immediately if any problems arise.
Thank you so much, and I look forward to baconating your torsos. If you have any questions, feel free to email me.
-Ryan, aka Absinthetic
Filed under: Press Release Fun
About Betsy Bird
Betsy Bird is currently the Collection Development Manager of the Evanston Public Library system and a former Materials Specialist for New York Public Library. She has served on Newbery, written for Horn Book, and has done other lovely little things that she'd love to tell you about but that she's sure you'd find more interesting to hear of in person. Her opinions are her own and do not reflect those of EPL, SLJ, or any of the other acronyms you might be able to name. Follow her on Twitter: @fuseeight.
SLJ Blog Network