Fusenews: I Also Insist On the Song “I Get Around” Being On the Soundtrack
- James Preller has taken it upon himself to interview me and the results border on insanity. We spent an inordinate amount of time discussing cheese logs, ferret dances, and the Kalamazoo, Michigan tourist board. It’s actually very fun (though I don’t know where he got the Spiderman window washer picture from). Thanks, James!
- I was willing to pass up the chance to report on the upcoming Bazooka Joe film (this is true). But when I read the following, I cracked and had to report. From Cynopsis Kids :
Disney is working on a remake of sci-fi adventure movie Flight Of The Navigator (1986, rated PG), per The Hollywood Reporter. Currently in development, the new version of the movie is being penned by Brad Copeland (Wild Hogs, Nightcrawlers and as writer/producer TV’s Arrested Development and writer/consulting producer on My Name Is Earl) and produced by Mandeville Partners David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman. Returning as Executive Producer from the first time around is John Hyde.
Fine. But if they don’t keep the references to Twisted Sister I ain’t going. I mean it.
- You do realize, this means war. I thought my library system was pretty awesome for having this massive Summer Reading kick-off party (Saturday, June 6th from 2-6 in my library !!) with the band Gustafer Yellowgold. I mean, that’s cool. Then I have to go and read this article that says that the Brooklyn Public Library is kicking off with Care Bears on Fire. And they were recently interviewed by Amy Poehler. Grrr. Somebody get me Al Roker. I want my dudes on the Today Show, stat! Thanks to Sarah Hampton for the link.
- Y’all are aware of how much I enjoy process. Well I went to an Abrams preview the other day (more on that soon) and learned that Michael Buckley (of The Sisters Grimm fame) has a new series out called NERDS. Chad Beckerman has meticulously rendered the process of creating the cover over at his blog Mishaps and Adventures. A marvelous glimpse into how an Art Director works with an illustrator to create the perfect jacket for a book.
- Wow. This is so cool. For you women writers here in NYC, this is a great opportunity. It’s Girls Write Now, and at this moment in time they’re seeking out women with professional writing experience to become mentors to kids who like to write. You are required to "make a serious commitment from September 2009-June 2010 to weekly one-to-one mentoring sessions, monthly group workshops and special events, and co-leadership of one genre-based workshop per season." Intense but it fairly overfloweth with the awesome. If I weren’t leaving town between those dates, I’d be tempted. Thanks to Marjorie Ingall for the link.
- Every blogger’s dream comes true for the most deserving. Kudos to you, Peter m’dear.
- Daily Image:
I’m trying to think of other titles that could fall into the same category. Help me out, if you can.
Filed under: Fusenews
About Betsy Bird
Betsy Bird is currently the Collection Development Manager of the Evanston Public Library system and a former Materials Specialist for New York Public Library. She has served on Newbery, written for Horn Book, and has done other lovely little things that she'd love to tell you about but that she's sure you'd find more interesting to hear of in person. Her opinions are her own and do not reflect those of EPL, SLJ, or any of the other acronyms you might be able to name. Follow her on Twitter: @fuseeight.
SLJ Blog Network