A Meme for the Memeless
I got this one from Shaken & Stirred . Normally I dislike memes, but maybe that was just because (as this meme’s creator Janni Simner suggests) they never ask the right questions. Feel free to take it and make it your own.
1. Have you ever killed a man? Only in spirit.
2. With your own hands? Precisely.
3. What, in your opinion, is the best way to transport contraband across state and country lines? Quietly.
4. Even if you’re transporting explosives? Yes.
5. Really? Oh yes.
6. Have you ever stolen a library book? Yes.
7. On purpose, or only because you found it under your bed years after you reported it lost and paid the fine? Not on purpose, but then I guess I never paid the fine either. There are certain states I can’t enter without the library cops getting wind of me.
8. Where were you on November 1, 2007? Working.
9. Can you prove it? Kinda .
10. You had to think about that, didn’t you? Yes. Yes I did.
11. How much is it worth to you for me to pretend I didn’t notice? Very little. Nobody doubts a librarian.
12. Have you spent years building up an immunity to iocane powder? (And if you know a faster method, will you share it?) Nope.
13. Name three different ways to start a fire. Find one that was always burning since the world’s been turning, matches, Crazy Eddie.
14. Now try to convince me you only know that because you were a Girl/Boy Scout/Guide once. Can’t do it, but I CAN sing you all the lyrics to "I’m Looking Over My Dead Dog Rover".
15. How many digits of pi can you recite from memory? Eleven
16. Did you have to count out the digits on your fingers to answer that? Crap…. yes. *sulks*
17. Did you check online to make sure you remembered right before answering? No.
18. Does all this talk about numbers make you uncomfortable? Sorta.
19. Or are you just wondering what it has to do with the rest of the meme? No.
20. Seriously, where did you bury the body? The Old Book Room. No one goes there anyway.
21. Where were you on March 16, 2036? In a state of perpetual grace.
22. If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you jump, too? If it’s a nice bridge. No point in jumping off of something cruddy.
23. What is the ninja replacement score for your life? That would be telling.
Filed under: Uncategorized
About Betsy Bird
Betsy Bird is currently the Collection Development Manager of the Evanston Public Library system and a former Materials Specialist for New York Public Library. She has served on Newbery, written for Horn Book, and has done other lovely little things that she'd love to tell you about but that she's sure you'd find more interesting to hear of in person. Her opinions are her own and do not reflect those of EPL, SLJ, or any of the other acronyms you might be able to name. Follow her on Twitter: @fuseeight.
SLJ Blog Network
Name That LEGO Book Cover! (#44)
Ellen Myrick Publisher Preview: Fall 2023/Winter 2024 (Part Six – Diamond, Eye of Newt, & Floris Books)
Squire & Knight | Review
Top 25 Titles at My School: Graphic Novels and Mauds Reign Supreme!
The Classroom Bookshelf is Moving