Fusenews: Burnt Out Fuse Edition
I feel bad. I’m kind of exhausted and I don’t have much time to post, but my inbox overfloweth with interesting tips, goodies, news items, and pieces of doggerel. So lightning quick I’m going to toss you some quick posts. THINK FAST!
- Some of you read this blog real early in the morning. If you happen to see this post before 9:10 a.m., tune your television to The Today Show and watch author Michael Buckley talk about his Sisters Grimm series on Al Roker’s Book Club. And don’t worry. Ann Curry will be nowhere in sight.
- Feel bad that the Hot Men of Children’s Literature is no more? Well I’ve good news for you. Try your hand at The Mildly Attractive Men of SLIS calendar currently on sale. I kid you not (and desire it much). Thanks to John for the link.
- I was pleased as punch to see that Jezebel’s Fine Lines column has a new post. It’s Jacob Have I Loved. I never read it. Does that mean I have to turn in my MLIS at the door? Thanks to bookshelves of doom for the link.
- Ever wanted to know more about ALA’s Notable Books Commitee? Well now you can. Go wild.
- Did you ever know that YA author Maureen Johnson came to one of my Kidlit Drink Nights once? She totally did and was great. We talked about Law & Order. Well, Ms. Johnson is currently the Writer in Residence at Inside a Dog and she is, quite frankly, funny as hell. I guess I should be reading her new book now, eh? Thanks to Finding Wonderland for the link.
- Speaking of great authors of our time, get thee hence to Laini Taylor’s blog for an earth-shattering announcement. It involves a gummy bear. Sort of.
- Ants have gotten into the pants of book designer Chad Beckerman cause he’s blogging like mad these days. He has a couple Diary of a Wimpy Kid posts up right now showing the ins and outs of cover design that are required reading. If you ever wondered how your favorite covers come to be (since odds are that Chad probably created those same covers) this is the place to look.
Filed under: Fusenews
About Betsy Bird
Betsy Bird is currently the Collection Development Manager of the Evanston Public Library system and a former Materials Specialist for New York Public Library. She has served on Newbery, written for Horn Book, and has done other lovely little things that she'd love to tell you about but that she's sure you'd find more interesting to hear of in person. Her opinions are her own and do not reflect those of EPL, SLJ, or any of the other acronyms you might be able to name. Follow her on Twitter: @fuseeight.
SLJ Blog Network
The Pumphrey Bros Are on The Yarn Podcast!
Fuse 8 n’ Kate: Gerald McBoing Boing by Dr. Seuss
It’s Jeff! | This Week’s Comics
Writing Quietly (…While Surrounded by Loud Things), a guest post by Helena Fox
The Classroom Bookshelf is Moving